NYRA will join with The American Civil Liberties Union of the Nation’s Capital and other youth rights activists for a Washington, DC rally to demand a lower voting age and an end to voter ID laws. We hope everyone will show their support, and there are several ways you can help.
First and foremost, come out to Washington and attend our rally!
Friday, October 12, 2012 at 4PM
1 Judiciary Square, 441 4th Street NW, Washington
Can’t make it in person? Here are some other ways you can help us promote Votes for Youth:
- Post below your best argument for lowering the voting age. If you have an especially good one, maybe we’ll read it at the rally.
- Send your local newspaper a letter to the editor calling for a lower voting age. Let people see that Votes for Youth is a popular idea, and help us build momentum.
- Organize a local Votes for Youth rally. Choose a day between now and Election Day, find a few volunteers willing to help, publicize the date and time, and alert the media with some news releases. Send an email about it to NYRA’s Executive Director, and he will personally publicize it to NYRA-members in your area.
- Donate money to NYRA. Better funding means more impact. With NYRA’s small staff, organizing a rally takes time away from fundraising, and without funding, an organization cannot survive. So help us make these activities possible by donating what you can.
- Get your friends to donate money to NYRA.
With your help, America will hear a loud and clear call for votes for youth.